Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Harry Potter and the Lincoln Tunnel...

Like an idiot, I had the incredibly rare Harry Potter - The Exhibition on tour just up the road in Seattle for months, but procrastination caused me to let it slip through my fingers. So when work found me across the river in New Jersey with half a day on my hands, it was just a quick trip under the Hudson to The Discovery Center on West 44th Street and a fortunate shot at a second chance!

A Ford Anglia flying out of the building -- this must be it!



I should mention that any photography is strictly prohibited. Otherwise a Centaur will get you!

You're greeted by an indoor version of the Hogwart's Express on Platform 9 & 3/4

Umbridge's Office -- dig those kitten plates!!!

Umbridge's Educational Decrees...


Gilderoy Lockhart's shrine of narcissism

You get to pull a screaming Mandrake out of its soil!

Hagrid's Hut!!!

Quidditch uniforms!

They let you hurl an actual Quaffle through a ring!
 
The Riddle family grave!!!

The elusive Tri-Wizard Tournament Cup!!!

PHEW!!! After all that I need a butterbeer or two to quench my thirst!!! I felt unbelievably lucky to get to experience the exhibit. Once it leaves New York in September, it travels all the way to Australia, so this was the last hurrah for North America. Yes, they have quite the gift shop. If you're in New York, don't miss this magical treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment