Monday, February 20, 2012

Seattlestar Galactica!

Time was running out, so we hopped into the family Raptor and headed north to Seattle to see the highly anticipated Battlestar Galactica exhibit at the Experience Music Project. With only a couple of weekends left, it was time to roll the hard six...


I'd been wanting to see this amazing collection for months, as they had two full-size vipers, a cylon raider, costumes and more props and memorabilia than you can shake your fist at. It was one of those shows you've looked forward to for so long that you're convinced it will either underwhelm or that something's going to happen to keep you from getting there. I'm thrilled to say that neither situation transpired, as the Galactica exhibition frakking kicks ass!!! I was a little saddened to hear that Paul Allen's Science Fiction Museum installation is no longer a permanent fixture at EMP. However, I suspect his enthusiastic hand is still fairly well involved, as not only was there the BSG exhibit, but across the hall a massive Avatar exhibit as well! Best of all, photography was allowed (just don't use your flash or you'll be vaporized). So come along with me through the blood and chrome that is Battlestar Galactica, The Exhibition - photos are hugely embiggenable, so click and enjoy the details...

Let's start with a video to set the mood - this baby is life-size:



Mark II Viper



Get the message?


Mark VII Viper


The original 1970's Galactica - massive shooting model...



Look at that hanger pod!


You gotta love an interactive exhibit. I thought airport security was rough...


Gaius Baltar's labcoat!


Kara "Starbuck" Thrace's dogtags...

Can you believe it? Colonel Tigh's flask and eyepatch!


Helmet from the original seventies show...


Helmet from the the new series...

Sweet Lords of Kobol! The Arrow of Apollo!



Starbuck's painting - the Eye of Jupiter

A few more shots of ol' Red Eye...





Excellent roadmap!


"This is Galactica Actual - give me a Sitp-rep!"


Apollo's cockpit

What? Apollo's hung-over? I'll take her up, Sir...


As if that wasn't mind-blowing enough, like I said - there's Avatar goodies to explore!

Welcome to Pandora!


Some native plants that want to eat your eyes fore jujubes

Neytiri character bust

Drumroll... the full-size AMP SUIT!!!
The "Amplified Mobility Platform" is over 13 feet tall...


Amp Suit feet...


So nice that my wife is getting me one for next Christmas!


See what I mean? Nothing underwhelming there!
After that much sci-fi fun, I was like a happy little kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment