Friday, February 22, 2013

The Oscars - night of a thousand meltdowns

Sunday is just around the corner, so it's time to DVR The Walking Dead and get ready for Oscar! With chagrin I confess I've seen less of the nominated films this year than ever before, but you don't have to live without a roof on your house to know that it's raining. So based on my years of exhaustive research and ulcer-free gut reactions, it's time to make with the predictions. Not necessarily who I want to win in all categories, but who I think WILL win...



Picture - Argo's got it. The snub that keeps on giving. Congrats, Ben!

Director - Spielberg. Likeable, plus Bigelow and Affleck aren't nominated.

Actor - Daniel Day Lewis. Ya think?

Actress - Jennifer Lawrence. Chastain and Bigelow will have every right to go on a royal tear at the Vanity Fair party.

Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway. Ya gotta love the girl from Brooklyn.

Supporting Actor - likely Tommy Lee Jones, but Christoph Waltz could upset. De Niro could, too.

Screenplay - Argo and Django.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Producers promise a hipper, faster broadcast - and a James Bond tribute. Sir Sean...? Could it happen? Seems unlikely, but maybe...

Good luck, Seth MacFarlane. L.A. makeup artists and pharmacists, start your engines...




No comments:

Post a Comment