Monday, February 15, 2016

Toy Fair 2016: Wrap-up

I'm The dust has all but settled, and another New York Toy Fair is in the books.

NECA pretty much ruled the roost with some really nice reveals. Here are a few more detailed official layouts of some of the new items that were on display this year.

The new Alien³ wave...



Ultimate Tech Noir Terminator...

Ash vs. Evil Dead...



Here's another look at the new Funko four-inch Game of Thrones figures. Evidently they are part of their ReAction line, and unless I was completely asleep at the wheel, nary a mention was made of anything new in their Legacy series - either Thrones or Firefly. I have to say Funko has been terrible at answering questions about this line, either via their normal web presence or even during a Twitter Q&A. They could learn a lot from Randy Falk and NECA. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll just assume that the Pop! Vinyl obsessives know best, and that Legacy figures are no more. Thanks for leaving us holding the bag. 































Speaking of no more, I was sad to learn that McFarlane Toys will be stepping away from their terrific 5" line of The Walking Dead figures after the soon-to-be-released 9th wave. We'll apparently be getting a last 5" Daryl with his newer Alexandria motorcycle, then I guess that's about it. This was a great figure line, getting better and better with each new wave. Instead, McFarlane is bumping up the scale to a new 7" "Color Tops" line of more premium renditions, which to me sounds like their bid to have their own Black Series line. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive them for breaking off the 5" line without ever producing Lori Grimes.



That's about it for now. If something else drops, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment