Friday, April 7, 2017

5-inch Scale Walking Dead Figures Crawl Back From the Dead!

Lord knows I've had my issues with The Walking Dead this year, but I still never miss an issue of the comic, and I'm still a fan. And like many fans who also avidly collected the McFarlane toys figures, I was pretty cheesed when after years of production, McFarlane supposedly decided to eighty-six their 5" scale figures and focus on new 7" "Color Tops" figures, which to be honest are clunky and kind of disappointing, with nowhere near the articulation of the previous fan-friendly line. Here's a look at my Walking Dead shelf, just to show I've got street cred on this:







































I even tracked down a tiger for my comic series Ezekiel, for cryin' out loud! So ya gotta trust me, I'm  invested.


































































So I'm taking it as good news that miraculously - and a little inexplicably - new 5" Walking Dead figures are starting to...come back from the dead, and that this scale still has some life in it.

Three of these are Walgreens exclusives, which should come as no surprise, as the drugstore chain has been expanding their toy presence and had locked up several previous Walking Dead exclusives over the last couple of years.

First, in a timely appearance, we have Sasha:





















































































































Then we have a version of Rick Grimes in his "Constable" gear from Alexandria...




















































































































Next up, Aaron, in a pretty terrific sculpt...























































































































Then in what's sure to be a popular - and controversial - offering, we have a deluxe "take it like a champ" two-pack of Negan and Glenn, due in August...
























































































There's also a three-pack of the core trio, which almost seems like it's aimed at new collectors, as at least two of these seem to be repacks, though I'm not 100% sure about Rick here - the set is rumored to be a Walmart Exclusive.






















































































So make of all this what you will. Regardless, I'm very happy to see this 5" line continue, and I have a feeling I'm not alone. Those Walgreens exclusives should be starting to appear now, if not already, so keep your eyes peeled, and if you collect, support this line! I'm still holding out hope for a Lori Grimes figure someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment