Monday, February 8, 2010

Mysteries of the Vault...

You may have heard, I have this toy collection.
Surprisingly, I've been getting a lot of requests from "known associates" to occasionally showcase some of the hidden treasures in my subterranean chambers and share them with the world at large.
So today marks the beginning of my recurring Mysteries of the Vault feature.
To start things off, a couple of real gems -- unique and one of a kind. Well, two of a kind.
Yes, it's Vincent and Jules, as seen in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction.














Now hold on, Sunny Jim, I never ever saw these bad boys anywhere -- what gives?!?
Oh, no? Oh, well allow me to retort.












No licensed Pulp Fiction toys were ever produced (only Kubricks/Minimates-scale Ge-Oms block style figures from NECA...)! These babies are custom jobs, made as a labor of love by an enthusiastic fan. They are beautifully detailed 12" scale and I discovered them on good old eBay, purely by accident. You know when you catch a glimpse of "More from this seller?" There they were, phenomenal -- hiding in plain sight.








What a terrific piece of custom work! I don't see too much of this kind of thing, as custom work of this quality is usually so crazy expensive. But these were -- trust me -- a steal. Trading emails with the creator, he'd also made a custom 6" set of all the characters for another enthusiast who'd seen his work displayed in a toy shop...an enthusiast named Samuel L. Jackson...

No comments:

Post a Comment