Saturday, February 19, 2011

Your Oscar Bookmaker stakes a claim...






With a week to go, I'm ready to tell you who will win the Oscars next Sunday night. In some cases it might not be who I want to win, these choices reflect who will win...
Best Picture - The King's Speech
Best Director - The Social Network
Best Actor - Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Best Actress -Natalie Portman, The Black Swan
Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale, The Fighter
Best Supporting Actress -- Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
Yes, it will be a rare split for Picture/Director. Fincher will be rewarded for his dedication to technique but The King's Speech will carry the day for it's bravura humanity.
I'm also sold on young Hailee Steinfeld for True Grit. The Fighter's Melissa Leo has won a lot of prizes so far, but I think she burned a lot of bridges with some her more fiery talk of merging SAG and AFTRA and this is not a good time of the year to get controversial. But she also took out her own trade ad (Consider me!), a very alienating move.

So there you have it. Think of me as a very confident time traveller.
Guys what like loosin' your money, ya know where to find me...

No comments:

Post a Comment