Sunday, March 27, 2011

How many "f's" in "catastrophic"?

I have to admit, I like this casting. Zak Snyder's Lois Lane will be none other than Amy Adams, fresh off her turn in The Fighter.

She's done the brassy Katherine Hepburn type before, most recently in A Night at The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, so in a way, she's right at home here. What I'm happiest about is that Adams is an actress first, unlike Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns, who was more cheekbones than SAG member. Adams is perky and can seem naive and yet very capable (see The Fighter), so she brings a very human face to Lois and should really help ground the film and make us like this Lois Lane.

Rumors continue that Viggo Mortensen is in talks to play a villain, and that villain is likely to be General Zod. If that all comes to pass, we have reason to get excited.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...not sure about this. I LOVED Amy in "Junebug", but since then I haven't been so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me happy. She's a good actress -- just saw The Fighter and loved her in that -- not to mentionn*ahem* HOT.

    now if they'd just switch directors... :)

    ReplyDelete